Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 7 mph
- Barometer29.58 in (1001.6 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Northeast Philadelphia Airport (KPNE)
Lat: 40.09°N Lon: 75.02°W Elev: 100ft.
Elkins Park PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 65. Light and variable wind becoming south 8 to 13 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain showers, snow, and sleet before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and sleet between midnight and 1am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Windy, with a south wind 18 to 23 mph becoming northwest 27 to 32 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 28. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Light west wind becoming southwest 9 to 14 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Montgomery, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE