Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 7 mph
- Barometer30.51 in
- Dewpoint-12°F (-24°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-11°F (-24°C)
Current conditions at
Brewster Field Airport (KHDE)
Lat: 40.45 Lon: -99.33 Elev: 2310ft.
Republican City NE
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -3. Wind chill values between -7 and -12. East wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Scattered flurries after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 14. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values between -4 and -9. Southeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 16. Wind chill values between -8 and 2. East wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Harlan County, NE
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE