Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.58 in
- Dewpoint-10°F (-23°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Brewster Field Airport (KHDE)
Lat: 40.45 Lon: -99.33 Elev: 2310ft.
3 Miles ESE Alma NE
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values between -7 and -12. East wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Scattered flurries after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 15. Wind chill values between -5 and -15. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values between -4 and -9. Southeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 16. Wind chill values between -8 and 2. East wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Harlan County, NE
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE