Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.40 in (1030.0 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
2 Miles S Carlisle PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet. High near 31. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain before 1am, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 28. Light southeast wind. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 1am, then a slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cumberland County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE