Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 14 mph
- Barometer30.32 in (1028.4 mb)
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
Muncie, Delaware County-Johnson Field (KMIE)
Lat: 40.24 Lon: -85.4 Elev: 961ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a steady temperature around 15. Southwest wind around 13 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -5. Southwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Wind chill values as low as -2. South southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 9pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 26. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 32. Southeast wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Delaware County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE