Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer30.06 in (1018.4 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Reading Regional/Carl A. Spaatz Field Airport (KRDG)
Lat: 40.39 Lon: -75.97 Elev: 341ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Periods of rain. High near 47. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Periods of rain and sleet before 4am, then a chance of snow and sleet between 4am and 5am, then a chance of rain, snow, and sleet after 5am. Low around 32. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 31. North wind around 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet before 1am, then sleet between 1am and 3am, then rain or freezing rain after 3am. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before noon. High near 42. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Berks County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE