Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 6 mph
- Barometer29.17 in (988.1 mb)
- Dewpoint42°F (6°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill48°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg International Airport (KMDT)
Lat: 40.21°N Lon: 76.77°W Elev: 303ft.
Harrisburg International Airport PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 57. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain and snow showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers between 11pm and 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 18. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -1. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. South wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE