Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 13 mph
- Barometer30.20 in (1023.5 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Columbus, Ohio State University Airport (KOSU)
Lat: 40.09 Lon: -83.07 Elev: 928ft.
3 Miles NNE Lewis Center OH
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near 32. North wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 3am. Low around 16. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Sunday Snow before 3pm, then snow and freezing rain. High near 31. East wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet between midnight and 2am, then a chance of rain after 2am. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Delaware County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE