Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Fog/Mist and Breezy
- Wind SpeedN 21 G 30 mph
- Barometer29.37 in (994.7 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Columbus, Ohio State University Airport (KOSU)
Lat: 40.09°N Lon: 83.07°W Elev: 928ft.
3 Miles NNE Lewis Center OH
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Areas of blowing snow. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Windy, with a north wind around 31 mph, with gusts as high as 49 mph.
- Tonight A chance of snow showers, mainly before 7pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -7. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -9. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. South wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 52. South wind 13 to 18 mph.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow, mainly before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Delaware County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE