Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 6 mph
- Barometer29.26 in (990.9 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg International Airport (KMDT)
Lat: 40.21°N Lon: 76.77°W Elev: 303ft.
2 Miles SSE Hershey PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain likely, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 56. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain and snow showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers between 11pm and 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 17. Windy, with a northwest wind 21 to 26 mph increasing to 27 to 32 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -3. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. South wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE