Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Heavy Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNE 7 mph
- Barometer30.12 in (1020.7 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Reading Regional/Carl A. Spaatz Field Airport (KRDG)
Lat: 40.39 Lon: -75.97 Elev: 341ft.
3 Miles WSW Reading Regional/Carl A. Spaatz Field Airport PA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Periods of rain and sleet before 4am, then a chance of snow and sleet between 4am and 5am, then a chance of rain, snow, and sleet after 5am. Low around 31. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 31. North wind around 6 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet before 3am, then freezing rain between 3am and 4am, then rain or freezing rain after 4am. Low around 29. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before noon. High near 41. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Berks County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE