Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.30 in (1026.8 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lafayette, Purdue University Airport (KLAF)
Lat: 40.43 Lon: -86.93 Elev: 623ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -11. Northwest wind 5 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -13. Southwest wind 5 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tippecanoe County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE