Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 1 G 12 MPH
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 40.305867 Lon: -120.903322 Elev: 6155ft.
5 Miles NE Fredonyer Pass CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. North wind around 5 mph becoming east in the morning.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around 12. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE