Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.68 in (1005.4 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lafayette, Purdue University Airport (KLAF)
Lat: 40.43°N Lon: 86.93°W Elev: 623ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 60. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Tonight Rain before 4am, then rain, possibly mixed with sleet between 4am and 5am, then rain and snow, possibly mixed with sleet after 5am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 28. North northeast wind 8 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Snow, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after 11am. Temperature falling to around 19 by 5pm. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 26 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night A 30 percent chance of snow before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -3. Northwest wind 7 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52. Breezy.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tippecanoe County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE