Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 3 mph
- Barometer30.48 in (1034.8 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Altoona-Blair County Airport (KAOO)
Lat: 40.3 Lon: -78.32 Elev: 1480ft.
4 Miles ESE Mc Connellstown PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow before 4pm, then snow and sleet. High near 27. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet before 1am, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 25. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 10am. High near 41. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a slight chance of flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. West wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. West wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Huntingdon County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE