Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1031.2 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
Bloomington / Normal (KBMI)
Lat: 40.48 Lon: -88.93 Elev: 892ft.
3 Miles WSW Bloomington IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Occasional flurries before 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Wind chill values between 5 and 10. North northwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values between -3 and 5. North northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values between -3 and 7. North northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 13. Wind chill values between 1 and 9. East northeast wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East southeast wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McLean County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE