Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedNNW 5 MPH
- Barometer30.43 in
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill0°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City International Airport (KSLC)
Lat: 40.77069 Lon: -111.96503 Elev: 4226ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Widespread haze after 11am. Sunny, with a high near 21. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Widespread haze before 11pm. Clear, with a low around 13. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Widespread haze after 11am. Sunny, with a high near 30. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Thursday Night Widespread haze. Mostly clear, with a low around 12. West wind around 6 mph becoming south in the evening.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Salt Lake and Tooele Valleys, UT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE