Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 7 G 15 MPH
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
MANZANITA LAKE (VIOC1)
Lat: 40.541492 Lon: -121.580153 Elev: 5732ft.
20 Miles NW Chester CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow. Steady temperature around 8. Breezy, with a southwest wind 21 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny and cold, with a temperature falling to around 0 by 3pm. North wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1. North wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 21. North northeast wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8. North northeast wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy.
- Thursday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Plumas County/Lassen Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE