Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWNW 9 G 16 MPH
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Wind Chill2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
Storm Peak Observatory (STORM)
Lat: 40.455111°N Lon: 106.74428°W Elev: 10531ft.
7 Miles E Steamboat Springs CO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow with areas of blowing snow before 4pm, then snow likely between 4pm and 5pm, then a chance of snow after 5pm. High near 22. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming north northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 7. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 28. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Elkhead and Park Mountains, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE