Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1035.5 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Somerville, Somerset Airport (KSMQ)
Lat: 40.62 Lon: -74.67 Elev: 105ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, and sleet before 11pm, then rain and sleet between 11pm and 1am, then rain after 1am. Low around 31. East wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 47. East wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Somerset County, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE