Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 13 G 25 mph
- Barometer29.88 in (1011.7 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Lafayette, Purdue University Airport (KLAF)
Lat: 40.43 Lon: -86.93 Elev: 623ft.
Battle Ground IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today A slight chance of snow and sleet between 2pm and 4pm, then a slight chance of snow after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 37 by 10am, then falling to around 32 during the remainder of the day. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27. North northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 13. North northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 24. North northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Sunday Night A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tippecanoe County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE