Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 3 mph
- Barometer30.10 in (1019.4 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
Current conditions at
Somerville, Somerset Airport (KSMQ)
Lat: 40.62 Lon: -74.67 Elev: 105ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Periods of rain before 4am, then a chance of rain, snow, and sleet. Low around 35. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. North wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. North wind around 6 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet before 1am, then sleet between 1am and 3am, then rain after 3am. Low around 30. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before noon. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hunterdon County, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE