Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 12 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1025.1 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 20. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow before 4pm, then rain. High near 37. East wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 32. East wind 10 to 14 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE