Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 13 G 23 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1027.0 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Tonight A chance of flurries between 9pm and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind around 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE