Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 10 mph
- Barometer29.61 in (1002.5 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71°N Lon: 74.17°W Elev: 10ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 40. West wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. High near 59. East wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 4am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Windy, with a south wind 16 to 26 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Blustery, with a northwest wind 11 to 20 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE