Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 3 G 11 MPH
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
Current conditions at
MANZANITA LAKE (VIOC1)
Lat: 40.541492 Lon: -121.580153 Elev: 5732ft.
21 Miles NW Chester CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 6. East wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 25. East southeast wind around 6 mph becoming west northwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A 10 percent chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 8. Southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 18. South southwest wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 10pm. Low around 9. West wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Plumas County/Lassen Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE