Severe Weather Possible for Parts of Northern Rockies, High Plains, Ohio Valley, and Carolinas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening for four distinct areas across the U.S.: from central Idaho into northwestern Montana; from northwest Texas to extreme southeastern Montana; across central Illinois, southern Indiana and into northern Kentucky; and across the central and eastern Carolinas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer29.84 in (1010.3 mb)
- Dewpoint64°F (18°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Showers and thunderstorms likely before midnight, then a chance of showers. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. North wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 80. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 59. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 80.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 63.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 84.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.
- Monday A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 69.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE