Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Light Drizzle Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 8 mph
- Barometer30.20 in (1022.6 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 10 to 16 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 26. North wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly after 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 1am, then rain and sleet between 1am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 33. East wind 8 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 47. East wind 11 to 13 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow before 9am, then a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE