Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWNW 5 G 13 MPH
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
MANZANITA LAKE (VIOC1)
Lat: 40.541492 Lon: -121.580153 Elev: 5732ft.
24 Miles SSE Burney CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 27. Southwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow. Low around 12. Southwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 21. West wind around 8 mph becoming north northwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. North wind around 8 mph becoming east in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. East northeast wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Plumas County/Lassen Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE