Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 1 G 3 MPH
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
MANZANITA LAKE (VIOC1)
Lat: 40.541492 Lon: -121.580153 Elev: 5732ft.
24 Miles NW Chester CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 27. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Tonight A 10 percent chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 10. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday Snow likely, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 22. South southwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 9. West southwest wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 19. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northeast in the morning. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Plumas County/Lassen Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE