Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNE 14 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.1 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
2 Miles SE Staten Island NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 45. East wind 12 to 17 mph becoming southwest 6 to 11 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 34. West wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. West wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 14 to 17 mph.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday A chance of flurries before noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE