Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 G 20 mph
- Barometer30.27 in (1024.9 mb)
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
Staten Island NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 36. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 1am. Low around 32. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of light rain, mainly before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE