Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Breezy
- Wind SpeedW 22 G 30 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.3 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Rockaway Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 34. Breezy, with a west wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 8 to 11 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 32. East wind 13 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 10pm, then rain. Low around 31. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a northwest wind 20 to 24 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Blustery.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE