Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 3 mph
- Barometer29.66 in (1004.7 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport (KABE)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 75.43°W Elev: 390ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 38. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. High near 59. East wind around 7 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers, possibly mixing with snow after 11pm, then gradually ending. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 15. Wind chill values as low as -2. Windy, with a northwest wind 9 to 19 mph increasing to 19 to 29 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -4. Windy, with a northwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. West wind 12 to 17 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lehigh County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE