Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
A Few Clouds and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 22 G 28 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.5 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
3 Miles WNW Breezy Point NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 16 to 18 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 36. East wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE