Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 20 mph
- Barometer30.23 in (1023.6 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
4 Miles WNW Breezy Point NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 25. West wind around 16 mph.
- Wednesday Increasing clouds, with a high near 32. West wind around 16 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind 11 to 17 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. Breezy.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE