Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 14 mph
- Barometer29.66 in (1004.3 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 73.78°W Elev: 26ft.
Rockaway Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. West wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tonight A slight chance of rain after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. West wind around 5 mph becoming east after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Wednesday Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. High near 53. East wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Windy, with a south wind 18 to 28 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Blustery.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Monday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE