Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 9 G 12 MPH
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 40.719944 Lon: -123.928294 Elev: 2737ft.
9 Miles NW Dinsmore CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. High near 32. Light southwest wind becoming south southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Low around 18. Southwest wind 13 to 20 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 23 by 10am, then falling to around 16 during the remainder of the day. North northwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16. North wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 34. North wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for North Coast Interior, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE