Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNE 14 mph
- Barometer30.35 in (1027.7 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Rockaway Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 3am. Low around 29. East wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 47. East wind 10 to 13 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain showers before 9pm, then a chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 35. Northwest wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 20 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE