More tranquil weather across much of the Country during the weekend with milder temperatures in the East
Following the widespread winter storm across a large portion of the U.S. earlier this week, more tranquil weather can be expected as we head into the weekend. Temperatures across the eastern U.S. are expected to increase each day through the weekend and should get closer to normal by Monday. Under a strong upper ridge, the West will enjoy mild weather with little chance of precipitation.
8NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE EXTENDING FROM THE OHIO VALLEY INTO THE SOUTHERN
PLAINS WILL BUILD OVER THE SOUTHEAST STATES THROUGH SATURDAY AS A
CLIPPER SYSTEM TRACKS FROM SOUTH CENTRAL CANADA INTO THE GREAT LAKES
REGION. A COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH THE AREA SATURDAY NIGHT FOLLOWED
BY HIGH PRESSURE THROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK. A WEAK LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM
WILL THEN PASS NEAR OR JUST SOUTH OF THE AREA TUESDAY NIGHT.
- Tonight WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 10 to 13 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind 11 to 13 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night W wind 8 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday W wind 7 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S around 6 kt in the morning. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 7 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE