Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest, New England
An active weather pattern continues across the Pacific Northwest on Thursday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in several inches of rain across the region. Meanwhile, a coastal storm off the Northeast coast will bring periods of rain to parts of New England through early Friday. Showers and thunderstorms are also possible across parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisLOW PRES S OF MONTAUK WILL DEEPEN AND TRACK NE THROUGH
FRI...REACHING NOVA SCOTIA FRI NIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS
SAT NIGHT. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD TO THE S FOR THE START OF THE NEW
- This Afternoon NNW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 12 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. A slight chance of showers before midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind around 13 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 10 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 8 to 13 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind around 14 kt. A slight chance of showers after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind 15 to 18 kt increasing to 18 to 21 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 8 to 13 kt. Clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday WNW wind around 7 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE