Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE WEST TODAY...THEN CROSSES THE
TRI-STATE TONIGHT. WEAK HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN ON WEDNESDAY...THEN
REMAINS OVER THE REGION INTO FRIDAY. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH
FRIDAY NIGHT AND MOVE ACROSS THE REGION SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 7 to 12 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SW wind around 11 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am, then a slight chance of showers between 1am and 2am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind around 8 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 7 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 5 to 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind 7 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday WSW wind around 6 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE