Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTHWEST TODAY AND THIS EVENING
BEFORE LIFTING TO OUR NORTH LATE TONIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING. A COLD
FRONT THEN FOLLOWS BEHIND IT MONDAY NIGHT...FOLLOWED BY A SECONDARY
COLD FRONT ON TUESDAY. COASTAL LOW PRESSURE THEN IMPACTS THE WATERS
FROM LATE TUESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY.
- Today WSW wind 6 to 8 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight S wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SE 11 to 16 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. Rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday S wind 14 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Showers likely before 2pm, then a slight chance of showers after 3pm. Seas 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind 16 to 18 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 27 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind 7 to 12 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NNE 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly after 11am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 11 to 13 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day W wind 8 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE