Active pattern for the Pacific Northwest this week while a coastal low takes aim on the Northeast later this week
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall is forecast to bring 5 to 7 inches of rainfall, with localized heavier amounts, to the Pacific Northwest throughout the week. Across the higher mountain elevations, measurable snow is likely. The Northeast will also be the focus of showers and thunderstorms beginning mid-week as a coastal low meanders of the Mid-Atlantic coast.
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRES DEVELOPS OVER THE DELMARVA TODAY AND WILL MEANDER SOUTH OF
LONG ISLAND THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT BEFORE FINALLY DEPARTING ON
FRIDAY. HIGH PRES BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST FOR THE WEEKEND.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely after 9pm. Patchy fog after 9pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Periods of rain. Patchy fog. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 2pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 12 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 11 to 14 kt increasing to 14 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind around 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind around 11 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE