Severe weather possible for parts of Plains on Wednesday
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening across portions of the central Plains and mid-Missouri Valley, with a higher concentration of severe storms possible in parts of eastern Kansas and far southeast Nebraska. Large hail and damaging winds could occur with the stronger thunderstorms. A tornado or two will be possible as well.
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL REMAIN OVER THE WATERS THROUGH
THURSDAY WHILE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN AT THE SURFACE TO END THE
WEEK. A COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE WATERS ON SATURDAY WITH HIGH
PRESSURE RETURNING BY SUNDAY.
- Today NNE wind around 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight N wind 9 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NE wind 10 to 12 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 8 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ESE wind around 9 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 9 to 14 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. Rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 13 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE