Severe weather possible across parts of Southeast, New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the Southeast, from the coastal Carolinas across southern Georgia and into the central Gulf Coast. Damaging wind will be the primary threat. There is also a risk of severe thunderstorms over parts of New England, where damaging wind and large hail will be the main threats.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK ACROSS NEW ENGLAND THIS AFTERNOON AS
THE COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS THE WATERS. THE COLD FRONT PUSHES EAST
TONIGHT...SETTLING WELL OFFSHORE THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK AS
HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS. LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES AGAIN FOR NEXT
- This Afternoon SW wind 13 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight WSW wind 15 to 17 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE