Heavy rain possible along the Central Gulf Coast by Friday Night
A winter storm will move out of the Rocky Mountain states and Great Plains Friday. Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories will remain in effect. As it moves east, this system will pick up Gulf moisture and bring heavy rain and thunderstorms to the central Gulf Coast late Friday. These will persist into Saturday, when some thunderstorms could contain strong and damaging wind gusts.
11NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL BUILD IN THROUGH SAT MORNING...THEN SLIDE E SAT
AFTERNOON AND NIGHT AS A COLD FRONT APPROACHES. THE FRONT WILL
ENTER THE REGION ON SUNDAY AND THEN STALL S OF LONG ISLAND...WITH
AN AREA OF LOW PRES RIDING ALONG THE FRONT EARLY IN THE WEEK.
HIGH PRES WILL SLOWLY BUILD IN LATER IN THE WEEK.
- Tonight W wind 7 to 11 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind around 8 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind 7 to 9 kt. A slight chance of showers after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WSW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A chance of showers, mainly after 7am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night N wind around 8 kt. A chance of rain before 4am, then a chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday N wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of rain and snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain between noon and 5pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow after 5pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night N wind 6 to 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind around 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NW wind around 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE