Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedSE 3 mph
- Barometer29.71 in (1005.9 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 73.78°W Elev: 26ft.
Rockaway Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Cloudy, with a low around 39. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after noon. High near 54. Southeast wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 22. Windy, with a south wind 18 to 23 mph becoming northwest 28 to 33 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. Windy, with a northwest wind 31 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 29 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE