Wintry mix and snow from the western mountains to the southern Plains
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
11NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES BUILDS IN THROUGH SAT. A FRONTAL SYSTEM IMPACTS THE WATERS
LATE SUN INTO MON. HIGH PRES BUILDS IN BRIEFLY LATE MON INTO
TUE...THEN ANOTHER FRONTAL SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA TUE NIGHT AND
- Overnight NNW wind around 10 kt. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NW wind 6 to 8 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Increasing clouds. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of snow after 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt after midnight. Snow before 3am, then rain and snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind 10 to 13 kt becoming NW 16 to 19 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. A chance of rain and snow before 9am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 8 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 7 to 10 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Rain and snow likely. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE