Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will continue to bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Thursday. One system is affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California while the other affects New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across parts of New England on Thursday where Flash Flood Watches are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OFF THE DELMARVA WILL DEEPEN AND TRACK NORTHEAST
TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY...REACHING NEAR NOVA SCOTIA BY FRIDAY
EVENING. A COLD FRONT THEN MOVES ACROSS THE AREA WATERS SATURDAY
NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS SOUTH OF THE REGION FOR THE START OF
THE NEW WEEK.
- Tonight N wind around 21 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Rain, mainly after 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNW wind 18 to 21 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Rain, mainly before 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 13 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. A slight chance of rain before 9pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 12 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 8 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind around 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 13 to 16 kt increasing to 17 to 20 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE