Snow for Ohio Valley and northern mid-Atlantic Sunday into Monday
A clipper system will strengthen as it moves from the Midwest to the Ohio Valley on Sunday. Snow, some heavy, will spread from the Ohio Valley into parts of the lower Great Lakes and northern mid-Atlantic Sunday into Monday morning. The heaviest snow is expected from central Ohio into southwest Pennsylvania. Winter Weather Advisories are in effect for many of these locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE WATERS TODAY. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS
TO THE NORTH MONDAY AS AN INTENSE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM DEVELOPS ALONG
THE MID ATLANTIC COAST. THIS LOW WILL AFFECT THE WATERS LATE MONDAY
THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT. WEAK LOW PRESSURE MAY IMPACT THE REGION LATE
IN THE WEEK.
- Today W wind 11 to 14 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNW wind 8 to 10 kt becoming NNE after midnight. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind 12 to 15 kt increasing to 16 to 19 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 27 kt. Snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night N wind 21 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 33 kt. Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNW wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 33 kt. Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NNW wind 14 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. A chance of snow before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NW wind 10 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 6 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE