Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
Two developing storm systems will continue to bring heavy rain to opposite coasts of the U.S. on Thursday. One system is affecting the Pacific Northwest and northern California while the other affects New England. There is a risk of flash flooding across parts of New England on Thursday where Flash Flood Watches are in effect.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisLOW PRES S OF MONTAUK WILL DEEPEN AND TRACK NE
THROUGH FRI...REACHING NOVA SCOTIA FRI NIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL
MOVE ACROSS SAT NIGHT. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD TO THE S FOR THE START
OF THE NEW WEEK.
- Overnight N wind around 23 kt, with gusts as high as 34 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 4 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 3pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 14 to 18 kt. A slight chance of rain before 9pm. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday NW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind around 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind around 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind 16 to 19 kt increasing to 19 to 22 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 15 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE