Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
12NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TO THE NORTH AND EAST OF THE WATERS THROUGH
EARLY NEXT WEEK. A VERY WEAK LOW PASSES SOUTH OF THE WATERS ON
TUESDAY WITH A WARM FRONT REMAINING TO THE SOUTH. A STRONG COLD
FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN
FOR THE END OF THE WEEK.
- Overnight N wind 5 to 7 kt. A chance of flurries. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of flurries before 9am, then a chance of sprinkles between 9am and noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind around 6 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. A chance of rain after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night E wind 6 to 8 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday E wind around 9 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind 9 to 11 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday ESE wind 11 to 14 kt becoming SSE 14 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind 17 to 20 kt becoming SW after midnight. Rain. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE