A Moderate Risk of Severe Thunderstorms is Forecast This Evening and Tonight
Damaging winds and large hail are likely from North Dakota into western and northern Minnesota this evening into tonight. Some wind gusts could be particularly damaging. Storms are also possible over the Texas panhandle and the Carolinas.
16NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAS A HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVES SLOWLY EAST OF THE AREA TODAY...A
COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE WEST ON WEDNESDAY. THE COLD FRONT
CROSSES AREA WATERS FROM WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY
MORNING...FOLLOWED BY HIGH PRESSURE BUILDING TO THE SOUTH OF LONG
ISLAND INTO SATURDAY.
- Today WSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 8 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming S 11 to 14 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 7 to 12 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 11pm and 3am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday N wind 8 to 11 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 9am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE