Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM SE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING THROUGH
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OFF THE CAROLINA COAST TODAY TRACKS NORTHEAST TO A
POSITION SOUTHEAST OF CAPE COD BY SATURDAY EVENING.
MEANWHILE...ANOTHER COASTAL LOW DEVELOPS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST
LATE SATURDAY...THEN TRACKS NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN MARITIME
PROVINCES BY SUNDAY EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN BEHIND THIS
STORM INTO TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon NE wind around 9 kt. Isolated showers after 4pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 9 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Light rain likely, mainly after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday N wind around 19 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Periods of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 21 to 26 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 24 to 27 kt, with gusts as high as 38 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 20 to 25 kt decreasing to 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Monday W wind around 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 8 to 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE