Severe weather possible across parts of Southeast, New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the Southeast, from the coastal Carolinas across southern Georgia and into the central Gulf Coast. Damaging wind will be the primary threat. There is also a risk of severe thunderstorms over parts of New England, where damaging wind and large hail will be the main threats.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SSE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE REGION THIS WEEK IN THE WAKE OF A
COLD FRONT THAT IS PASSING OFFSHORE THIS WEEKEND.
- Tonight W wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 10 to 13 kt becoming W 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind around 7 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 9 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE around 6 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE