Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM SSE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...
- SynopsisINTENSE LOW PRES SE OF LONG ISLAND WILL PASS E OF CAPE COD
TODAY...AND HEAD TOWARD NOVA SCOTIA TONIGHT. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD
BACK IN ON WED...THEN A WEAKER LOW WILL AFFECT THE REGION THU
NIGHT INTO FRI. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD IN BEHIND THE LOW
- Today NNW wind 19 to 23 kt, with gusts as high as 34 kt. Snow. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight NNW wind 15 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. A chance of light snow, mainly before 9pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind 14 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. A slight chance of light snow after 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind 10 to 12 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Light snow likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind 15 to 20 kt increasing to 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 36 kt. Scattered flurries before noon. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 22 to 25 kt decreasing to 19 to 22 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. Clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind 14 to 19 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE