Unsettled weather forecast across eastern U.S.
A storm system moving across the Great Lakes will bring unsettled weather to parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with widespread rain is expected across much of the Northeast. Snow is likely across Wisconsin and the western Great Lakes. Snow is also expected across the central and northern Rockies Monday into Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SSE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisTHE AREA WILL BE WARM SECTORED TODAY...WITH A COLD FRONT MOVING
ACROSS TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TOWARDS THE AREA ON TUESDAY.
LOW PRESSURE ALONG THE SOUTHEASTERN SEABOARD TUESDAY NIGHT...TRACKS
NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES DURING THE DAY ON
THURSDAY...TRACKING TO THE SOUTHEAST OF LONG ISLAND ON WEDNESDAY
NIGHT AS IT DOES SO. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN BEHIND THE SYSTEM
THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT.
- Today SSW wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 31 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 13 to 16 kt becoming WSW 10 to 13 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 9 kt becoming NNW after midnight. A chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 8 to 11 kt increasing to 11 to 14 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. Rain, mainly after 9am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 15 to 20 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 27 kt. Rain before 3am, then a chance of snow. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NW wind around 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday WNW wind 9 to 13 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE