Warmup expected in the East, cooler weather forecast across parts of West
Much of the eastern U.S. will see a significant warming trend beginning on Friday, with high temperatures as much as 10-15 degrees warmer than on Thursday. The warming trend will continue into the weekend. Meanwhile, temperatures will be on the decrease across much of the northern Plains and Intermountain West over the next several days.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SSE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EST THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD TOWARD THE FORECAST WATERS TODAY...AND MOVE
SLOWLY ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY. A WARM FRONT WILL MOVE
NORTHEAST ACROSS THE AREA SUNDAY FOLLOWED BY A COLD FRONT MONDAY.
HIGH PRESSURE FOLLOWS TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon NW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 9 to 12 kt decreasing to 5 to 8 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 6 to 8 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday WSW wind around 8 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind around 8 kt becoming N after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday N wind 7 to 9 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE