Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...
- SynopsisAS HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS ANCHORED NORTH OF NEW ENGLAND...A SERIES OF
LOW PRESSURE SYSTEMS OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST WILL MOVE NORTHEAST.
THE FIRST LOW WILL MOVE SOUTHEAST OF LONG ISLAND THIS AFTERNOON
FOLLOWED BY A SECOND LOW SUNDAY MORNING. THESE SYSTEMS WILL PRODUCE
STRONG NORTH WINDS THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT THEN STRONG NORTHWEST
WINDS ON SUNDAY. HIGH PRESSURE WILL THEN BUILD IN FROM SUNDAY INTO
EARLY NEXT WEEK...FOLLOWED BY A COLD FRONT LATE WEDNESDAY.
- Today N wind 16 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight N wind around 23 kt, with gusts as high as 33 kt. A chance of rain before 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NNW wind around 23 kt, with gusts as high as 33 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night NW wind 15 to 18 kt decreasing to 12 to 15 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday WNW wind around 12 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night W wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday WSW wind around 7 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE