A stalled frontal boundary and ample monsoonal moisture will lead to flash flood potential from the Great Basin to the Great Plains tonight and Tuesday
A stalled frontal boundary will set up along the southern and central Rockies for the next couple of days providing focus for showers and thunderstorms. In addition, ample monsoonal moisture will stream in across the southwest bringing enough moisture to introduce a flash flood threat from the Great Basin and Southwest eastward across the central and southern Rockies into the adjacent Plains.
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
AROUND 5 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES AROUND 2 FT IN THE MORNING...
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE REGION THIS WEEK IN THE WAKE OF A COLD
FRONT THAT IS PASSING OFFSHORE THIS WEEKEND.
- Overnight NW wind around 17 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind around 6 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 9 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE around 6 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE