Severe Thunderstorms Possible Texas Gulf Coast to Louisiana This Afternoon into Tonight
Primary threats in these areas are damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two. Elsewhere, freezing rain is possible across parts of the northeast. A storm system moving into the intermountain west will spread heavy rain across parts of northern California, Oregon and Washington. Heavy snow and high wind will impact the higher elevations of the Sierra, Cascades and northern Rocky Mountain States.
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE PASSES SOUTHEAST OF THE AREA TONIGHT. A WARM FRONT
APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTHWEST SUNDAY. THIS WARM FRONT LIFTS TO
OUR NORTH MONDAY MORNING. A COLD FRONT THEN FOLLOWS BEHIND IT
MONDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BRIEFLY BUILDS INTO THE THE REGION
TUESDAY. A COASTAL LOW PRESSURE MAY IMPACT THE REGION WEDNESDAY
INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE THEN LINGERS NEAR
THE AREA INTO FRIDAY.
- Tonight SW wind 13 to 16 kt decreasing to 9 to 12 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WSW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night S wind 7 to 10 kt becoming SE 13 to 16 kt after midnight. Rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind 21 to 24 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night S wind 14 to 19 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday W wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind 11 to 16 kt becoming WNW 6 to 9 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming NNE in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 9 to 11 kt becoming NW after midnight. A chance of snow. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE