Severe weather possible for parts of central Plains and North Carolina
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Fri. afternoon & evening across parts of the central Plains, from northeastern CO across much of NE & northern KS into extreme western IA & northwestern MO. Large hail, damaging winds & isolated tornadoes are possible. Severe thunderstorms are also possible over much of NC, with locally-damaging winds as the main threat.
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS DOWN FROM SOUTHEASTERN CANADA THROUGH
SATURDAY...AS MULTIPLE WAVES OF LOW PRESSURE PASS WELL TO THE SOUTH
OF LONG ISLAND. THIS HIGH CONTINUES TO BUILD OVER THE AREA EARLY
- Today E wind 9 to 11 kt. Scattered showers, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind 9 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday E wind around 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night E wind 7 to 9 kt becoming ENE in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind 7 to 10 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday NE wind around 8 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night ESE wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NW wind around 6 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE