Snow winding down in the Northeast; heavy rainfall in the Northwest
Happy Thanksgiving! Conditions will continue to improve throughout Thanksgiving Day across New England as the nor'easter moves away from the coast. Meanwhile, the Pacific Northwest will remain wet due to a series of Pacific storm systems. Flood Watches remain in effect for parts of Washington state through Friday.
11NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT FOLLOWED
BY HIGH PRESSURE FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY. A WARM FRONT WILL MOVE
NORTHEAST ACROSS THE AREA FOLLOWED BY A COLD FRONT MONDAY. HIGH PRESSURE
- Thanksgiving Day NW wind around 7 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NW wind around 10 kt. A slight chance of snow showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 10 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 6 to 11 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday WSW wind 6 to 8 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE