Relatively quiet weather pattern over much of the U.S.
A quieter weather pattern will continue to set up for most of the U.S. as arctic air continues to surge southward behind a cold front sweeping across the Southeast U.S. Expect temperatures to be 10 to 30 degrees below climate averages from the southern Plains to the Northeast on Friday.
8NM S New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WEAK LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK ALONG AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT
WELL SOUTH OF THE AREA THROUGH THIS EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE MOVES
EAST THROUGH FRIDAY THEN PASSES SOUTH OF THE REGION THIS WEEKEND AS
SEVERAL WEAK IMPULSES PASS TO THE NORTH. THE HIGH SLIDES OFFSHORE
MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY.
- Tonight NNW wind 13 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Cloudy early, then gradual clearing. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday N wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night WSW wind 6 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WSW wind 9 to 13 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 7 to 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday W wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night W wind 6 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday W wind 6 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE