Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 18 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1024.1 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill19°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
Rockaway Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind around 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind around 15 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 15 to 17 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 8 to 14 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow likely before 3pm, then rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before midnight, then rain. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE