Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 18 G 24 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1028.4 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
4 Miles E Staten Island NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 13 to 15 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind around 14 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 13 to 17 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 36. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 1am. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of light rain before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE