Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 10 mph
- Barometer30.23 in (1023.7 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
Staten Island NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind around 9 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 11 to 16 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 7 to 11 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow before midnight, then rain and snow. Low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of rain and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Richmond (Staten Is.), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE