Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedS 23 G 35 mph
- Barometer29.22 in (989.3 mb)
- Dewpoint43°F (6°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
- Wind Chill43°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66°N Lon: 73.78°W Elev: 26ft.
3 Miles NW Breezy Point NY
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Rain. High near 54. South wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tonight Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Blustery, with a south wind 16 to 24 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 22 mph decreasing to 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 43. Southwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE