Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 9 mph
- Barometer30.52 in (1033.4 mb)
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
New York/John F. Kennedy Intl Airport (KJFK)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -73.78 Elev: 26ft.
4 Miles NW Breezy Point NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then rain and sleet between 1am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 34. East wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 48. East wind 8 to 11 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Tuesday Light snow likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Northwest wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. West wind around 17 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kings (Brooklyn), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE